The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am trying to decide on which lift and height is bestfor my 2008 F250 SuperDuty with 6.4L KR if that makes a difference or not. I would like to run 37's toyo M/T on 20x10 hostage wheels. A place that will be doing the work said a 6" Fabtech basic lift will be ok. He also suggested that a rough country 6" lift was good too. SO my question to everyone is this. Will the 6" Fabtech lift work fine for the wheel and tire setup I am going after and what about for the rough country lift? Any other lift of suggestions will be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
1,195 Posts
6" will be fine for 37's. If you are trying to be economical, the Rough Country lift would be OK, but if you want a really good ride and handling, you might consider spending a little more on a lift of better quality. I am not in any way downing RC lifts, but they are cheaper for a reason.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
6in or more will be plenty. I have a 6in Fabtech std lift on mine, dual reservoir shocks in the front, single standards in the rear and dual standards for the stabilizers. Rides great on and off road.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ TVANDYCK7 thanks, I have heard the words of advise from a few individuals about RC myself. FabTech is probably the way I am going to go.

@SMOTRS, did you have to order the dual shocks seperately? I think I am going to go after the same setup that you have.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
hugo, I actually had it added to the kit as an upgrade through the shop I went through. If your buying online, some sites may allow you to pick the standard kit then make additional changes to it. If I can locate a couple of those sites, I'll post you some links as examples.

· Registered
77 Posts
If you have the money, I would assume the lift is the way to go, however my stock tires are about 34.5" to start with. A leveling kit on the front gives about 2", so in theory you could go to a 37" tire without any problems with that alone. There may be some rubbing issues during turning or compression of the suspension, but I believe others have gone to 37's completely stock. Just other options since I am finding out I need to sell a kidney just for the tires.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the input. I have found a place to do the work and I am going with the Pro Comp 6" lift with 37" toyo OC Mt's and 20x10 hostage wheels. They cut me a great deal on the package so I couldn't refuse. Will post pics when work is complete.

· Registered
33 Posts
6in or more will be plenty. I have a 6in Fabtech std lift on mine, dual reservoir shocks in the front, single standards in the rear and dual standards for the stabilizers. Rides great on and off road.
How do you like your 35"s on a 6"? I have 37x13.5x22 toyo m/t right now on a 6" but do lots of towing and highway driving.

· Registered
1,303 Posts
PG4, I like it. Rides really nice and tows really well. It's not so high as to be hard to get in and out of the bed and towing hasn't been a problem. Tires look good for that height IMO. I have 18in wheels though so the 35's look bigger on them then they may on your 22's. Something to keep in mind. But otherwise, I have no issues with them at all and will be getting 35's again when I have to.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.