The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 40 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
You guys just need to order the new shackles and springs and measure an 08 eye to eye there is no secret hes just trying to take advantage of him doing this first , come on its not rocket science

Exactly what I thought. What he tried to tell me was:

Because:

1) you don’t know the correct location to mount them (not as simple as 8 inches forward)

2) what are you going to do when the main frame crossmember falls out (and it will if you do the sequence wrong)

3) how do you plan to handle the parking brake cables (existing bracket is 8 inches forward of existing spring mount)

We’ve already figured out all these issues and several others that you will encounter…..

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
You guys just need to order the new shackles and springs and measure an 08 eye to eye there is no secret hes just trying to take advantage of him doing this first , come on its not rocket science
That's what I have been trying to tell everyone! This is really not so complicated. I wouldnt even bother with some guys welded up shackles, when you can use the Ford engineered ones!

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
I don't know for sure. But I imagine the frames are different from our Superdutys to the 08s and up. If that's the case, then the FORD shackles will likely not fit right on. I guess we'll see if I get those pictures.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I'm guessing no luck on the pictures lol

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
No but I am out of town. If the wife checks her email on the home computer. They would load there, not to my laptop. I'll know when I get home Friday night..... and pass them on then if I have em.

·
Registered
427 Posts
well i sent him an email and got a fast reply with a set of pics.......but they show nothing...i can't believe they want 1000 for this. we could prob do a better job how do we know they even did it correct?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
He just emailed me the pics. Talk about a waste of time:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I emailed him back and asked if he could do any better with pics, like maybe some of the actual product. He responded:

The leaf springs are shown in the auction….only thing not shown is the front brackets that we make (and some bolts), and we don’t send out pictures of the brackets..…..

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

·
Registered
427 Posts
are these even 08 springs is the questuion on the truck??? i can't tell . i sent an email back askin to show some of the axle angle and such. i don't care about the bracket anyone that can fab can fab one up or better yet just buy it from ford.......

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I emailed him and said :
"do you honestly expect someone to pay $1200 for someting they havent even seen, from a person that is not known for making this type of product? It would be different if you were a known suspension product manufacturer but you're not. You've had those for sale for 6 months or more for that reason. I am interested but to be honest, I wouldnt purchase without being able to see what you're wanting me to send $1200 for. Let me know if we can work something out because I definitely like the concept."

He responded and said :

"Yes, we wouldn’t want you to take a chance with a ebay seller with 100% feedback rating, it’s very risky…..

We have sent you pictures of the kit installed, the auction has the pictures of the springs, and we’re not going send you pictures of the front brackets, simply because we know you want to copy them….

BTW, we’ve sold 53 completely new kits and 9 of the kits with Ford Test Truck springs, this is the last set of those we have, we simply re-run the auction every time we sell a set, so the auction your seeing is NOT for the same set for the last 6 months…

So please – DO NOT BUY THEM!!

Funny how he sais they have sold 62 sets, but they dont have any that show up as complete auctions LOL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks for your input caryt, but I'm looking for other options. If it's a waste of time, don't respond. And definitely don't tie my thread up by telling me it's a waste of time.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
"Yes, we wouldn’t want you to take a chance with a ebay seller with 100% feedback rating, it’s very risky…..

We have sent you pictures of the kit installed, the auction has the pictures of the springs, and we’re not going send you pictures of the front brackets, simply because we know you want to copy them….

BTW, we’ve sold 53 completely new kits and 9 of the kits with Ford Test Truck springs, this is the last set of those we have, we simply re-run the auction every time we sell a set, so the auction your seeing is NOT for the same set for the last 6 months…

So please – DO NOT BUY THEM!!
Doesnt that sound like he is saying that he has sold them on EBAY? I emailed him and asked if he had sold all of those, and kept rerunning the auction, why didnt it show up in his completed auctions? He said:

The new kits were not sold through ebay………

·
Premium Member
4,119 Posts
I looked at the '08 rears myself you might could use an '08 parking brake cable if you were able to move the brackets forward.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
I'm trying to find someone with a wrecked 08+ truck or a truck they pulled the hangers off of so I can play around with it some.

·
Registered
427 Posts
the dude is a dumb A** lets make a set and take pictures and send it to him lol then we could make our own company and then post pics of our product and sell at a reasonable price and sell em like hot cakes.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i just sent him this....if he would be smart and show some details he could make some money......

How about show a pic of the the underside or a pic during installation....your not super lift, icon, pro comp, skyjacker, or any other company that has a reputation. your a guy trying to pull off a fast one and make some cash but you wont make much if any if you don't back your design up. this is a new idea in a way we all know its not complicated if you understand engineering and understand how suspension works along with metal fab skills. but no one even knows you so how would i know you did the proper steps to have this done correct? Im not going to believe your words over the internet. I would believe more if there was some detailed pics showing the angles of the suspension and to what section of the frame you move the shackle too, it would be nice if you also showed specs on a stock truck, show how it works compared to a stock, show how you know it wont fail, and this is a vital part of the truck that if done wrong can cause serious injury or death to a person while driving the vehicle. To sell you must show your work not take a pic of a section of 4" of spring and say that's all you get. you don't show any info on u bolts, angles or anything. all you can say is it rides better. this is a business market go back to school and get a education on business communication, and business operation. Im not interested in copying your kit. Im interested in fixing my truck. but i will never buy a suspension kit that requires new shackles/moving shackles forward without pictures of the product, and details backing up what you are selling. to be honest i could design my own shackle but really don't care too. You need to provide more info. you might actually sell a set then if you showed what the hell you are doin. Good luck sellin them i would never perchase until i got the info needed to give me a peace of mind on what im buying, and knowing it will actually hold over time. YOUR WORDS are NOT enough.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If I had the fab skills I'd be all over it. I no equipment or knowledge to make anything like that. I'm pretty sure you could use a factory spring hanger. Could probably even use a 99-07 hanger, the leafs are the same width.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts