·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
What did he describe?

·
Registered
378 Posts
If he is listing them on EBAY and Selling them privately, not threw EBAY, then someone should report him to EBAY and his listing and selling privileges will be terminated.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
If the springs are the same width, then you could probabaly just relocate your front spring hanger 8 inches forward and be done with it.

If I had the time I would do it, I just dont have the time right now.

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Got the pictures, (2), one of the truck from the side, and one of the spring where it's overload hits the bump stop. Nothing of the brackets, same story as the other poster. "We don't give pictures out because they would be too easy to copy,," So gee, that tells me it's over priced if there is not that much to it. They must be kinda greedy huh?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
look on the previos page of this thread and I posted the pics. Not sure what he thought that was gonna show us. LOL

·
Registered
13,890 Posts
Yea, those are the same pictures he sent me, wow,,, ok, how many different people have posted here? (IF we had say, 50 people, we could pool the money, buy a set, COPY them "Since they are so easy to copy", in his exact words..... LOL
Then we could all have a set for what, maybe 400 each?

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
If somebody has the equiptment to build them, I would be willing to go in. Best thing would be to get like 10 of us to go in at like $100 each. Then if someone could copy the mounts, and could pick our own springs.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
anyone else?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there that much of a benefit over a quality set of leaf springs

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Load capacity (even more than a factory 99-07 laf spring), he better ride of the longer 08 spring (8" longer), and the Cool factor LOL

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I picked up a set of factory hangers. Gonna play around some and see what I can come up with. I have a pair of 08 leafs I'm supposed to be picking up if I ever make it over his way. Lol

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I picked up a set of factory hangers. Gonna play around some and see what I can come up with. I have a pair of 08 leafs I'm supposed to be picking up if I ever make it over his way. Lol

Keep us posted...take lots of pictures.....and most of all I am curious if there is any real improvement in ride quality. My goal would be to improve my crew cab on the freeway expansion joints....the awful resonating that occurs when driving on a concrete freeway with expansion joints.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
IM VERY CURIOUS

·
Registered
1,305 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
Well let me say this, I am very happy with my DR/ICON 5" leafs. I'm just wanting to try something different. I would like to have the load capacity of a factory leaf spring, and curious how the 8" longer 08+ leaf spring rides compared to the shorter older model leaf springs. Another thing is I really like the OUO traction block setup. If for some reason the 08 leaf spring setup is not to my liking, I'll just put the icon leafs back on and find a good traction bar setup.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Ok I've got something in the works with a fabricator for making some conversion mounts. Goal is to have bolt on hanger (have to drill some holes if course). Everything would be laser cut and hand welded, then powdercoated.I'm trying to get an idea on how many people would be interested, to let him know. Drop me a pm if you would be interested. No solid price yet.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Reported this guy to ebay :D.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dont get me wrong I 'm just curious of the benefit ,with the 08 springs wont you lower your ride height ? I'm just trying to understand what you are trying to accoplish . ride height?, soft ride?, load capacity ?, Larry

41 - 60 of 74 Posts