The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

We were at the Superstallions meet today at Cecil Dragway in MD. We had a customers truck lay down a 13.6 with just a Mac Intake, SCT Tuner, and Silverline single exhaust. The customer is supposed to post a vid in the next day or so. It was an 04 F250 Supercrew Shortbed 4x4. Hope this info helps confirm the times we normally see. The intake and exhaust don't do a lot for power, but the exhaust lower the EGT's some and the Mac shows about 5-10rwhp on the dyno.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, I saw it.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With just an SCT flash tuner we are seeing [email protected]

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt that VERY seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually 2005Driver THIS time slip is of a pass between Eric's truck(InnovativeDiesel) and mine, both on #2 only, at Cecil on Aug. 18th. Eric's time is the right lane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know he has tweaked the tunes since then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
84 Posts
With the SCT tuner is there any coolant spitting out like some are having with the predator.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
With the SCT tuner is there any coolant spitting out like some are having with the predator.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not seen any.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Those times are faster than guys with stacked chips, intakes and exhaust. I know a Quad 160 or Edge combo/Predator is bad a$$ and you guys are faster with just a single box and no exhaust work.

Why are they faster with less mods?

Maybe so...but hard for me to believe /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The SCT puts the power to the ground. When a Quad 160 or Edge box shifts it defuels and drags the shift out in the mean time you are coasting and not accelerating. With the SCT your shifts come very quick without any hesitation. Also the SCT shifts at about 4100rpm which puts you in the meat every shift. The new tuners are worlds ahead of the boxes we are used to. I would say the SCT is the fastest tuner/box I have used and that is without the new tune Eric made yesterday which I believe he ran today 13.6 @ 99!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Now is this the 1704 superchips programmer that where talking about here or something else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
My best w/o slicks is 14.3 (with 6800# and 2WD) with a best 2.3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/vomit.gif 60 foot. I STILL haven't ran the slick due to either previous commitments or weather.

I would love nothing more than a 13.7 on slicks because my brother's 01 Mustang convertible with bolt-ons and SCMT is only running a 13.8 @ 102 with 2.4-2.6 60 ft on street tires. He would never live it down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Now is this the 1704 superchips programmer that where talking about here or something else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SCT(Superchips Custom Tuning) is a different company. Superchips does have investment in the company, but SCT is a custom tuning division. We can make changes to the programs, they aren't just standard tunes. We can also make many more changes to parmaters than most of the other devices out there. This allows us full control of the engine and transmission. http://www.sctflash.com

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I do too ! It was a 13.66 with a Mac Air, SCT tune, Silverline Exhaust. You need to understand that SCT is an extremely powerful tuning program. And a very good Driver....LOL

·
Registered
620 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

SCT(Superchips Custom Tuning) is a different company. Superchips does have investment in the company, but SCT is a custom tuning division. We can make changes to the programs, they aren't just standard tunes. We can also make many more changes to parmaters than most of the other devices out there. This allows us full control of the engine and transmission. http://www.sctflash.com

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an 03 but could'nt find one for it?Are they just for the 04's?I need Your Custom Stacked Tuned Box with the Good Shifting!My ATS Trans is Not Totally Happy with my Edge Box.Would Like to talk to you about my setup and a Custom Tune.Whats the Best Time to call and who should I ask for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah I do too ! It was a 13.66 with a Mac Air, SCT tune, Silverline Exhaust. You need to understand that SCT is an extremely powerful tuning program. And a very good Driver....LOL

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the particulars of this program? HP, Tranny program, ETC.... What are the boost pressures and hows the shifting. Can you use these as a code reader like the SCMT's? I can see these things flying off the shelves.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
249 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have an 03 but could'nt find one for it?Are they just for the 04's?I need Your Custom Stacked Tuned Box with the Good Shifting!My ATS Trans is Not Totally Happy with my Edge Box.Would Like to talk to you about my setup and a Custom Tune.Whats the Best Time to call and who should I ask for? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]call eric at innavative diesel,he made me a stacker tune to go with my bdog 160 and a stand alone tranny tune as well,i also have an ats tranny and this sct tuner makes the shifts perfect.eric was even able to program the the exact shift point that i wanted the shift to occur....now on a side note ,eric expect a call i may want to send mine back for this newly develoed tune /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually 2005Driver, THIS time slip is of a pass between Eric's truck(InnovativeDiesel) and mine, both on #2 only, at Cecil on Aug. 18th. Eric's time is the right lane /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif I know he has tweaked the tunes since then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I forgot to add! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I know this 13.9 against me was with just the SCT and an exhaust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Erics truck had the stock intake and didn't even have gauges on it at the time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Eric,

You need me to stop up and help you fill orders!! LOL!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

For those of you that don't know, Eric and I are nieghbors /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
What are the particulars of this program? HP, Tranny program, ETC.... What are the boost pressures and hows the shifting. Can you use these as a code reader like the SCMT's? I can see these things flying off the shelves.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently the Xcalibrator box does not do diagnostics, like the Predator and standard Superchips. However, the electronics are already inside the box for datalogging and diagnostics. Basically it's just getting the software released.

We call the tune a 120+HP tune. Average peak HP and torque are 400-420hp and 680-712lbs of torque depending on modifications, dyno brand, and where you dyno. Peak HP and Tq are not what we are going for with these tunes though. We strive to make a ton or torque down low and maintain it all the way through the powerband. That's where you get excellent 60' times, which in turn gives you great ET's and MPH. This all goes hand in hand with towing and pulling.

We peg our boost gauge of 35psi in the cool weather, but average 32-33psi of boost. You can do crazy things with the turbo and make very high boost numbers, but we believe we found a sweet spot(with stock injectors) at the boost levels we currently allow for. Shifting is excellent and we can pretty much do whatever you want. Our stock "Max Trans" file normally does the trick.

You can reach us normally from 9am-8pm at our posted business number. We are in and out of the office, so please leave a message.

·
Registered
620 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]call eric at innavative diesel,he made me a stacker tune to go with my bdog 160 and a stand alone tranny tune as well,i also have an ats tranny and this sct tuner makes the shifts perfect.eric was even able to program the the exact shift point that i wanted the shift to occur....now on a side note ,eric expect a call i may want to send mine back for this newly develoed tune /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll take your word for it and Call him Monday!The Best Trans in the World won't work Right with the $hitty stock Tune thats for sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif.My ATS has Line Pressures All over the Place and Throws Codes No One can figure out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gifI hope Eric's as Sharp as You say!We shall see! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

21 - 35 of 35 Posts