The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NEED HELP!!! I have a 1996 F-250 and the other day I went into the store truck is running fine an hour late I come out and start it and it barely runs and has no balls. so I was able to limp it home I pulled the codes and I had a 1293. so I pulled valve cover off and sure enough my UVC harness had melted at the number 3 glow plug terminal. So I tested all the glow plugs, replaced the valve cover gasket and injector harness's, put it all back together and now it won't start at all and I'm still getting the 1293 code. So I pulled valve cover back off to double-check that all my connectors were hooked up, put it back together same thing. I'm thinking the IDM is bad I'm just looking for some ideas on what else it may be. Thanks

·
Registered
783 Posts
Check the hpop reservoir oil level.
Check your fuel pressure while cranking.
If those two are good, unplug the ICP and try to start it.

What does a 1293 code indicate?

·
Premium Member
9,586 Posts
1293 is a IDM code or a open circuit.

Get the volt ohm meter out and do a few test. Also if you know someone else that might have a 94-2003 Powerstroke you can swap out the IDM's and see if yours starts.

Here is a test for the IDM wiring to the injectors.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks a lot guys, I'll take a look once I get off work. I'll let you know what I find out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I finally got around to checking the IDM and sure enough between that and the under valve cover Harness I got it running good. Thanks for the help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts