The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I'm officially in the 13's. I could only do it on the first run but it'll do. This was at Bandimere, 5,800' elevation.

R/T .076
60' 1.876
330 5.629
1/8 8.825
mph 76.65
1000 11.609
1/4 13.974
mph 95.65

Times got slower throughout the day except for my final elimination.
the 60' was 1.865 (best yet) but I forgot to switch the chip into the high setting. I was swearing at the red light all the way down the track. My R/T was -.001! The dial in was tighter than the 12.367 in the other lane and I finished first despite the mistakes and 14.04 time (slowest of the day).

It sure was fun but it's over for the year. Now how do I get this engine built the way I want it...Without breaking the bank.

DZ

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
HHEEEEEELLLLLL YES! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Congrats man, that is frickin awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

Guess that answers my question, now we just need to see Kainers back it up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yee haw

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
when are you going to build your truck up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Who, me?
When I get tha $$$$$$$

I wanna keep it on topic tho.

Way To Go Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
That's fast and the 96 mustang GT was a 14.60 car out of the factory and the cobra of that year was a 13.90 or 14 flat from the factory just in case anyone forgets how fast that is and on PMRs.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
[/ QUOTE ]

Who, me?
When I get tha $$$$$$$

I wanna keep it on topic tho.

Way To Go Dave /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats always the problem. I ordred hybrid 530s now I need to hope that the tranny stays together /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/phoney.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif for a few months untill I get a BTS tranny.

-
Andrew

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
Hope it lives. Your running MM's right Dave?
You should be able to get those numbers with hot programming and a tranny, Andrew.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hope it lives. Your running MM's right Dave?
You should be able to get those numbers with hot programming and a tranny, Andrew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you refering to 13s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-
Andrew

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Nice job Dave!!!!!

I think Bandimere is real close to 6000 ft. Just think what you would be at down low!!!!

Wish we could have been there to see ya run, but soccer games pretty much take up our Saturdays nowadays.

·
Registered
165 Posts
nice job! if the engine would hold together he'd be a good half second faster down at sealevel, but with that extra power his rods would take a perminent vacation.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif Congrats!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

13.974 was your fastest time
14.04 was your slowest time

That makes a spread in times of .066 seconds.

I don't have much experience with drags, but to me that seems pretty consistent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Nice going on the .001 reaction time, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

13.974 was your fastest time
14.04 was your slowest time

That makes a spread in times of .066 seconds.

I don't have much experience with drags, but to me that seems pretty consistent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Nice going on the .001 reaction time, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/warmsmile.gif.

Too bad the .001 was on the wrong side of the decimal point!
My first elimination run was against a GTO that beat me but red lighted on a .005 so I guess what goes around comes around.

Danny, what times are you running in Texas?

Greg, thanks and no, I couldn't get anybody else to go so no video. Only time slips which will be posted when I get time.

DZ

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
Well, you gotta call me next time!
Have camera, will travel LOL.

I'll be down there more often next year hopefully. With oil, 1's, and a tranny hopefully too.

·
Banned
2,184 Posts
Congrats!DZ.I sent you a PM about that water Inj.

I don't think I will make it to the track before they close it for the winter.I will sure try though.I think I'll just skip 13's and go straight for 12's LOL.

Mike

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Good one Mike! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 39 Posts