The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
would I have to do any internal engine work to get in the 13's??I have forged rods since mines a '99

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
Danny (imelmo) is well into the 13's on forged rods.
I would ditch the tires and lift if you are going to pursue speed. Otherwise you can just be happy that you can run over a cargo van if need be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

·
Registered
305 Posts
so is it hopeless for me to get into the 13's with no internal work??should I put the aftermarket head studs??

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
No, not hopeless, but I'd say you'll need more than 500 horse, which is the rumored safe limit of forged rods.
Danny is around 650 though, with no issues as of yet.

·
Registered
305 Posts
what about the head studs??does he have them??

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
what about the head studs??does he have them??

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

How much boost are you gonna run? 35 and less stock studs will probably work, I'll let someone who's pushing bigger boost numbers than me confirm that.

·
Registered
305 Posts
well now Im running 30psi with the DP 120 setting...does that sound about right??but I am looking for the baddest turbo on the market soon...what would you recommend...cost does not matter

·
Registered
305 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Umm, maybe if you cut your lift in half say 6" or so it would be more than possible. Is 13" just so you have the biggest looking truck around? Just wondering.

[/ QUOTE ]

you darn right...its soon to be 15inches

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Dave,

Congrats!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggrin.gif Good luck with your rebuild this winter /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

·
Banned
6,292 Posts
Maybe because people like you, DOCKBOY, think they are too good to share information.

I didn't see you offering any advice to BigT, yet you sure as heck open your mouth when see opportunity to take a potshot.

Maybe you should practice what you preach, why don't YOU give advice about something YOU have actually done.

Oh, that's right, because it would threaten your ego, that's why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Take your smart comments elsewhere and let's keep this thread on track.

·
Registered
305 Posts
how about this....when anyone on this board disagrees or has a problem with the info someone is giving just PM them....we are all guys on here and we all have big ego's...so back to the thread now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smokin.gif

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe because people like you, DOCKBOY, think they are too good to share information.

I didn't see you offering any advice to BigT, yet you sure as heck open your mouth when see opportunity to take a potshot.

Maybe you should practice what you preach, why don't YOU give advice about something YOU have actually done.

Oh, that's right, because it would threaten your ego, that's why. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know me very well do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

I see you didn't waste anytime notifying you buddies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't know me very well do you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shrug.gif

I see you didn't waste anytime notifying you buddies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I miss?

I've got Greg's (Dockboy) phone number and his rods for the pending rebuild. He is very willing to share any and all advice and I will be calling him (and everyone else for that matter) when the time comes.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts