The Diesel Stop banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts
Here is a TSB that indicates Ford was aware of the problem and a list of parts:

https://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/tsb/tsb/files/002404.pdf

They thought it was pretty funny when I asked if they would still honor this 10 years later.
Id laugh too since theres nothing to honor. That's an information bulletin, not a recall. They don't offer anything on it and simply state an issue. Clearly says at the bottom its information only. So ya, they must of thought that was funny.

Here is a TSB that indicates Ford was aware of the problem and a list of parts:

https://www.thedieselstop.com/faq/9497faq/tsb/tsb/files/002404.pdf

They thought it was pretty funny when I asked if they would still honor this 10 years later.
Id laugh too since theres nothing to honor. That's an information bulletin, not a recall. They don't offer anything on it and simply state an issue. Clearly says at the bottom its information only. So ya, they must of thought that was funny.
Absolut,

Back when the TSB came out Ford was performing this work AT NO CHARGE for customers under Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty so your post is actually 100% incorrect.

There is an old adage and some members on TDS seem to have forgotten it.

If you don’t have something positive or helpful to say then its best to not say anything.

I miss the days when Googs & Nick and some of the other guys were here and this was a place that was enjoyable to log onto.

The purpose of my link was because the TSB included part numbers of everything required to upgrade to a new OTW radiator.

Attachments

Absolut,

Back when the TSB came out Ford was performing this work AT NO CHARGE for customers under Bumper-to-Bumper Warranty so your post is actually 100% incorrect.

There is an old adage and some members on TDS seem to have forgotten it.

If you don’t have something positive or helpful to say then its best to not say anything.

I miss the days when Googs & Nick and some of the other guys were here and this was a place that was enjoyable to log onto.

The purpose of my link was because the TSB included part numbers of everything required to upgrade to a new OTW radiator.

Proof of Arctic Driver's first point: Ford provided me with all the parts on the TSB list posted above at no charge, while my truck was still under the original factory 3yr/36kmi Bumper to Bumper Warranty. My Ford dealer would have performed the labor at no charge too, but I did the install, as I wanted to add a few things like the larger V10 cooler closely coupled with small side by side, thermostatically controlled twin electric fans (which probably was not necessary, but my 4R100 is now 20 years old without a single failure).

Proof of Arctic Driver's second point: I was taught the same way.

Proof of Arctic Driver's third point: I miss those days too.

Here's the best case scenario. A couple of years ago I happened to look and was surprised to notice that my truck already has the 26 row cooler in it. Possibly the previous owner installed it and I was completely unaware. I also have OTW cooling. Now my truck has 250,000 happy miles on the original transmission and still working great.

Well, I was going to get the 26 row as well. But after much research I discovered that the bent tube style coolers are the worst coolers available, and don't work near as well as the alternatives. So I just left the stock crappy tube style cooler, and the water cooler in the rad, and I installed a 13row stacked plate cooler( the most efficient air cooler design) with its own electric fan. I put it in the rear box kind of near the fuel filler in the huge open area tucked nice up inside were no debris or anything can hit it. Made a nice mount for it. It has a thermostat in it already, but I have an over ride switch on it so I can turn it on at will. I like it on early when I tow over 14k so its maintaining temps, not trying to lower them. Just a note, it made a massive difference in temps, I have never come close to over heat since the install. And I live in BC, nobody has stupid hills like we do. Damb mountains.

Well, I was going to get the 26 row as well. But after much research I discovered that the bent tube style coolers are the worst coolers available, and don't work near as well as the alternatives.
While it is true that bent tube style are nearly worthless, the stock 26 and 31 row coolers are stacked plate coolers.

So I just left the stock crappy tube style cooler,
The crappy stock cooler is also a stacked plate cooler. Ford doesn't use bent tube coolers on the trucks.

I installed a 13row stacked plate cooler( the most efficient air cooler design) with its own electric fan. I put it in the rear box kind of near the fuel filler in the huge open area tucked nice up inside were no debris or anything can hit it.
I hope it works for you. Having three coolers can restrict the cooler flow so that you have less cooling than the stock system.

I have been running a used stock 26row that i swapped off of a 6.0 many moons ago. It works very well. I don't think i have ever seen over 180-185 loaded during the summer.

I think the stock 31row would even provide better results, IDK. I have no complaints with the stock 26row cooler though, one of my best upgrades

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.