The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never have done this recall. I have had no problems but now got another notice from Ford. Only have 17,000 on truck and it is only used to pull a fifth wheel camper. Limited use when not pulling. Should I ignore or do it??
Thanks
Don

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Why wouldn't you do it? Do you really want to be stranded on the side of the road pulling your 5th wheel due to a faulty sensor?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really but I have read that there have been problems with this Recall with some of the people that have had it done.
Just asking

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I had it done on the original recall. I also had the original "A" sensors replaced with the improved "B" sensors, because I really don't want to be stranded by the side of the road. Now I have 4 spare good used sensors just in case that I get stranded by the side of the road. I experienced no problems with the recall. The transmission program and the engine program always go up to the latest version when the one or the other is updated. My transmission program improved dramatically with this upgrade IMO. Some think that it shifts a bit soft after the upgrade--my truck is not soft when shifting under load.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Blue 12
Just wondering if the new sensors where cover by warranty ? If not what did they cost installed.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Sensor cost was not covered by recall or warranty for me. I did it just to get the improved B sensors. I never lost one, but stories of folks being stranded in the middle of an intersection after sensor loss spooked me into doing it. From memory I think it was about $430. I have had no warranty issues at 62,000 mi. so felt I could afford some preventative maint. Probably wouldn't have bothered if I had the B sensors OEM. There are threads here that tell when the B sensors started.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had it done a couple of years ago, and have had no issues. I pull my 5th wheel, though not as much anymore. I haven't even heard anything on this in quite a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts