The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 17 years and 360,000 miles of very strong use out of the Beast in my signature, I finally am breaking down and getting a New (2018 - on order) vehicle!! I get to join the the 'new' crowd. So - who has any gotcha's list regarding the 2017 and up 6.7's? Thanks ahead of time. I will be cruising the forum for a while as I learn the new vehicle (it has been since 2010 since I last posted :) ). I have been hauling a Sundowner 2-horse bumper-pull pretty regularly with the Beast and now have an 8-horse gooseneck Sundowner to use as well.

·
Premium Member
809 Posts
Happy for you, you can keep the name, my 350 srw is a beast. You will love new truck

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
scott-c
You are forgetting all the fun you missed out on by not having any 6.0s and 6.4s......
And, after driving the '18 for a while, you will wonder why you didn't get a '17....

·
Registered
377 Posts
I have the itch myself. On my 12th year and 200k miles on my 06. Keep us posted on delivery time!🤠

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can relate. I recently went from a '99 F250 to a '17 F350, both 4x4 CCLB PSD. So far not much in the way of gotcha's to share except:

1) The doors swing significantly wider. I could open my previous truck anywhere in my shop. Now I have to pay attention and sometimes place a cushion on the bandsaw or racks for steel.

2) If you have the 2.5" receiver, you are going to have to sort out attachment of safety chains. I've got a 3" and while less convenient, mine will still attach.

3) The new truck can track mileage on your trailers so you know when to service bearings etc. The gotcha is that you have to remember to hookup the "disconnected trailer" or it will continue to rack miles even after you've dropped the trailer.

Other than that, my only concern is the complexity of the new truck. Lots more stuff to go wrong...

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
I've only had my 2018 for a short while... sitting so high is taking some getting used to, but it'll come with time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts