The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time is getting close to do the lift and stockers are wearing...
Need an E rated 12.5 to 13.5" width. Anyone run Vortac's? All terrain or anything that would wear well....Love to get 50k out of them....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Thank you for the post.

Most of the tire models built in the 37" and 38" sizes for an 18" wheel are D load rated. This isn't to say that they do not have the correct load index for your application though. Based on what you are looking for out of your next set of tires, a good option to take a look at is the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO in size 37x12.50-18. This model has been proven to wear very well for an A/T and in this size carries the 123 load index which means @ max pressure (50PSI) the maximum load carrying capacity is 3415lbs.

If you do a lot of hauling/towing, the VorTrac looks like a good option. I've never seen any reviews on this model but looking at the spec sheet, the 37x12.50-18 size is E rated and @ max pressure (65PSI) has a maximum load carrying capacity of 3640lbs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vortracs

Can I order these through you, or do you not carry them?!?

·
Registered
588 Posts
Can I order these through you, or do you not carry them?!?
We can help you with the BFG's but at this time we are unable to mail order Interco products. If you have a Discount Tire or America's Tire in your area I suggest checking in with them to see what they can do for you. They may be able to special order a set in for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Tires

I have a 2004 F-250 Harley Davidson 4x4 Diesel with stock DuraTracs 275/65/18. I have a front leveling kit on the truck and have been debating a 4" lift with new tires also. Someone suggested going with a bigger tire first. What size will work without rubbing. I went to my local tire dealer and they will not sell anything to me except stock sizes.
Im thinking 33's would look good 35's might be to much.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have a 2004 F-250 Harley Davidson 4x4 Diesel with stock DuraTracs 275/65/18. I have a front leveling kit on the truck and have been debating a 4" lift with new tires also. Someone suggested going with a bigger tire first. What size will work without rubbing. I went to my local tire dealer and they will not sell anything to me except stock sizes.
Im thinking 33's would look good 35's might be to much.

The reason you are having trouble getting someone to set you up with a larger tire is that your wheels are only 7.5" wide. (according to my guide) The widest tire recommended for these wheels is the stock 275/65R18 size. I you were interested in upgrading your wheels to something wider a 33" or maybe a 34" tire shouldn't be to difficult to fit with your leveling kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts