The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it looks like I have a leaky head gasket. Found oil in the coolant.I use this truck for landscape work and will need to get it going soon. If anyone can share some tips or point me in the direction of more info on the job i would appreciate it. Thanks!

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
Have you already ruled out the oil cooler?
Bingo. I would make sure the oil cooler O rings aren’t bad first. Doing head gaskets isn’t hard, but there are some details that need to be followed for proper re assembly.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll check the oil cooler o rings. Any advice on that job like parts that should be replaced (obviously o rings) but maybe the whole unit? I'll look at the book when I get home to see what i'm getting into. Thanks again!

·
Registered
17,604 Posts
You’ll need the O rings and the gaskets that mate the cooler to the block. IIRC there are 4 total, sorry I don’t have P/N’s.

·
Registered
11,835 Posts
There's been a controversy more than once through the years regarding the correct O-ring kit . I'd only buy them from Ford or International. I could be wrong, but I think there's black and brown, one fits and the other is slightly wrong in size. Never had to do mine so I never took note of what's correct, maybe Chuckster57 remembers?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts