The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 1988 F-250 7.3 IDI First Diesel Truck!

I have replaced Both Floats in the gas tanks because my gas gauge was all over the place! That did fix the problem. I found out that filter were in small peaces. I had to clean out all the small plastic. That was not fun since I don't have small arms. I searched online and could't find any replacements but i did see a lot of people just adding 3 inches of Fuel line in its place. so that's what I did. Then I found out that I couldn't use my front tank. I thought it was my switch but nope after disconnecting a/b switch tested that, that was working just fin so it had to be the Fuel selector so i disconnected the lines blowing it out with compressor their was a few black peaces that blew out. after reconnecting and priming it everything worked perfectly. 3 months later now I am leaking diesel out the back fill port. why is this happening? Also previous owner cut the exhaust off just be hind the cab stupid loud also he put a thick Black rubber tube that comes from back part of the motor and runs under just past cab what is that? Breather tube. When truck is running/hot there is a lot of smoke coming out of it. sometime it drips oil out of it. crank shaft breather is what i am thinking.. but i am not sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is there pressure when you remove the fuel cap? If so could have a bad injector putting pressure into the return line. Otherwise need to check that fuel is being returned to the tank you are using tank not the other.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts