The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive replaced the engine in this truck and cannot get system to bleed. ive ran clear line to mechanical fuel pump not seeing much in the way of air bubbles however it seems like when i run the clear line from the outlet of the fuel filter to the injection pump it will not bleed the air out of it. cracking lines at injectors i only see a good amount of fuel on injector 1 and injector 5, this being a fairly simple injection system i cannot see what i am doing wrong. any tips, tricks, or suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
First make sure your tank has above 1/4 tank . The pick up in these tanks likes to break off. Are you feeding fuel to the filter? The lift pump could be failing. Are all of the fuel lines open? Nothing in-nothing out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
both tanks are over 3/4, tried both tanks. ran fuel out of two gallon can with an electric pump still nothing. took injection pump and injectors from the original engine and still no change. its got me stumped.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Are you getting a good flow of fuel everywhere but the IP? Have you checked the fuel shut off solenoid? Wires on the driver's side of the pump one of the plugs controls the fuel shut off solenoid. Could you have crossed the plugs? I don't remember if they can be crossed or not. With the key switch on, unplug them and listen for a "click" That tells you that the solenoid is activating the valve. If there is no click, try running a wire directly from the battery to the solenoid again listen for the click. If you hear it try starting the engine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts