The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Returned from driving truck to town, Shut it off but when tried to start it there is a complete electrical blackout. Batteries new, hooked jumper cables up, Still No sighn of any electrical. Glow plugs, headlights, etc.nothing?? Any clues?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Returned from driving truck to town, Shut it off but when tried to start it there is a complete electrical blackout. Batteries new, hooked jumper cables up, Still No sighn of any electrical. Glow plugs, headlights, etc.nothing?? Any clues?
Check connections at ignition solenoid.make sure all grounds are good.common in these trucks I have an 89 f350 7.3 idi non turbo and I had to run through almost all connections to find bad grounds that seemed ok but really weren’t makink good connection because of age in wire any cracks or defects will distort your connection-hope this helps

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Besides the one for the glow plugs, there is a fusible link that can burn out and cause sudden power loss. It comes off the relay, and goes to the rest of the electrical system. It is true that poor grounds will make you pull your hair out in big fist fulls, but I would start by looking at fuses, and fusible links first, especially if there wasn't any indication of trouble before hand.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts