The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone new here to the forum, I have exhausted all my resources and cannot seem to find an answer anywhere. I had just picked up a 1990 7.3 idi, it is currently in limp mode with no tachometer reading. Every post I found here or anywhere else leads to the teca relay, vss sensor, sensor on the trans or the tacho sensor. I have found that the injector gear housing cover on my truck does not have a fill cap or hole for the tachometer sensor nut as everyone else's does. I can see the electrical connector hanging where the sensor should be plugged in but again no hole on the cover. I am wondering if the previous owner replaced this cover before or if it is not original. The part number on the cover is 1805011c4. Attached is the picture of the engine bay and the injector gear cover from photos I found online. I feel this may be part of the problem but am not totally sure. any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Synthetic rubber Rim
Bumper Gas Automotive wheel system Auto part Composite material
Automotive tire Personal protective equipment Rim Automotive wheel system Auto part

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
That looks like it might be the gear cover from a Powerstroke

1 - 3 of 3 Posts