The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help here. I bought a project truck from a kid a while back. He'd swapped a 1992 IDI turbo into a 1990 gasser. He promised to bring me the remaining part, and help me get it running. He's since moved out of state and won't reply to my calls/texts. ANYWAY, what I'm needing right now is to know if I can use the existing under dash wire harness from the gasser (it was a 460/auto. Now it's a 7.3 IDI with manual 5 speed). Please help, because I really want to get "Bo" on the road.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
None of the auto transmission stuff will make any difference to a manual transmission. You'll need a way yo energize the glow plug relay, and the fuel shutoff solenoid. You'll also need a heavy 10 or 8 GA .wire from the relay on the firewall to the GP. relay this one is fused by a fusible link and I don't know the amperage. Then from the GP relay to the glow plugs. For the wait to start light you can add a light somewhere you can see it, and power it with the black wire with the round plug on the controller. It'll shut off when everything times out. The speedometer should still operate as usual. Once energized, the glow plug controller will take over and do the rest. All of the energizing stuff needs to be controlled by the key switch, or at least a toggle switch. You'll want to control all of that from inside the cab. Starter should still operate the same.

·
Registered
229 Posts
What did you or the kid do about the fuel tanks? Need a fuel return system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts