The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! I have a new-to-me RV, a 1992 E350 with the 7.3L na engine, E4OD tranny, 4.10 rear end. 40K miles. It is about 22 ft long overall. Not a lot of overhang in the rear which I am happy about. VERY nice and clean, runs like new.

I have a 1990 F250 4x4 with this engine @ 130k miles, love the engine! Great economy and reliability.

It has a rear fuel tank of 35 gal. Poking around at the junk yard I saw some tanks from Fords (yr, model ukn) that fit amidships, bolted up against the frame member on the inside. They are 35 gal also. I'd sure like to bolt an extra tank in there and get 70 gal of fuel. A quick glance or two looks like there is space and that it will fit and the stock support straps can be re-used. Yes, other sundry parts will be needed in best-case.

Can anyone comment on this idea? I have fitment concerns. I know I'll have to get more precise in my specs and measuring.

I noticed while browsing the web looking for aux tanks to fit amidships that there are 19 gal ones (from PUs) and occasionally the 35 gallon one. Anyone know why the difference? Space?
Thanks!
GeoB

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I thought the auxiliary gas tank behind the rear was a 27 gallon...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
> gas tank behind the rear was a 27 gallon...

I dunno.. I have forgotten where I got that number. Think it's right... prolly from my vehicle handbook.

Oh, this has only one tank, the one just behind the rear axle. Not the aux tank like on my dual tank F250 IDI, which in my case is 17-18 gal. Think 35 gal total.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts