The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! First post here.
I’ve got a 92 7.3 idi which has absolutely no starting issues for the entire four to five years I’ve owned it. Just today I got the one click issue.

Started fine, drive about 15 minutes, turned it off for about 45 minutes, and only got one click.

Cleaned the battery terminals but both are putting out fine power. Jumped the first soilnoid located on the passenger side of the engine with a screw driver and still only got one click.

But just before unhooking the battery to drop the starter out, I again got one click. It then it will start after turning the key from the off position to start again. Same pattern, one click, turn key off, then it will start.

Any ideas?? Any help would be awesome!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi everyone! First post here.
I’ve got a 92 7.3 idi which has absolutely no starting issues for the entire four to five years I’ve owned it. Just today I got the one click issue.

Started fine, drive about 15 minutes, turned it off for about 45 minutes, and only got one click.

Cleaned the battery terminals but both are putting out fine power. Jumped the first soilnoid located on the passenger side of the engine with a screw driver and still only got one click.

But just before unhooking the battery to drop the starter out, I again got one click. It then it will start after turning the key from the off position to start again. Same pattern, one click, turn key off, then it will start.

Any ideas?? Any help would be awesome!
sounds like a starter issue to me. Do not depend on a parts store bench test for a good , no good starter . Only a load test works on a diesel starter, which most places cant do. Have seen the solenoid on the starter itself cause problems like this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts