The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I got a seldomly driven 93 quad cab and, surprise, I have moisture issues in the cab. Some water is coming form the fresh air intake on passenger side...

some from the piece of molding that runs behind the visors and drips when braking or turning the corner...

and some from somewhere under the riverside...

In an ideal world what should I do to prevent this moisture and keep a dry cab. Is there a door seal kit I should look at? New door vapor barriers?

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
Is the heater vent turned to OFF?

Do you have A/C?

Does it only happen when it rains?

Does your heater core leak? Does it smell like maple syrup?

Do you have cab lights? Maybe leaking in one of those.

If the cause is from an external source then using a hose on a dry day can help you track down the problem such as missing or damaged door gasket or windshield rubber gasket.

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you do have cab lights, I would agree with Arctic Fox. Water runs down hill so if you have a leak in the roof it very well could be running into the areas you describe. Disconnect the moldings around your inside roof covering and gently pull down until the cab wiring is exposed or better yet just replace the cab lights and/or seals and wait and see. If it is the cab lights, I would suggest airing out that area until dry, to prevent mold from forming.

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
The key to pinpointing where the leak is, is to start at the bottom (low possible leak areas) and work your way up with the hose. Checking as you go of course.

·
Premium Member
4,001 Posts
The key to pinpointing where the leak is, is to start at the bottom (low possible leak areas) and work your way up with the hose. Checking as you go of course.
Kind of an important point I missed...Lol

Note to Self:
Start at the bottom when using the hose.

Thanks. ?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Check windshield gasket/seal for leak at visors. Seals for fresh air vents check amazon or site sponsor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts