The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to post a video this morning to show a cold start at 10F. My wait to start light wouldnt come on (relay is newer, all wiring and glow plugs are brand new ZD9s) the battery voltage showed around 8 by stock gauge (batteries are brand new Napa 850CCas) and the engine took a couple rotations (instead of the first) to start but it started. It smoked for 30 seconds or so before clearing up. I have no idea how old the injector or injection pump are, they appear to have some age, the truck has 197k miles.

So the point was to show how long the voltage stayed down with all new glow plugs (you can hear it click and se volvatage come up for a second, that's when i start anyway not by WTS light when it works), and also that these trucks do start in cold weather with relative ease without being plugged in. Where i live i think the coldest it's every gotten was -10, but i usually always plug my truck in if its below 40F just becuase its better for the engine. I took this video since i was off today and could afford to have the truck fail to start

1 - 1 of 1 Posts