The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, sorry if this is not in the right spot, first post.. I know stutters have been covered but I seen them on idi's and 99's. And not stutter with smoking.
I have 1995 7.3, it kinda happened out of nowhere, but the truck stutters hard, like stutter is an understatement.. It shut off for the first time today while doing the stutters.. It immediately started right back up.. The injector rings, and harness were replaced about 2-3 years ago. The ICP, IPR, and IDM have all been replaced. Within the last year.. I have fuel pressure, and the oil is full.. I usally run it on stock. But I turned the tune on (ts6) And grayish smoke came bellowing out the exhaust on idle.. I would also have puffs of black smoke mixed in with its stutters... I'm completely lost.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would first start by completely pulling out the tuner. By that I do not mean just putting it back on (Stock mode) I mean removing it from the truck completely. They can fail and cause problems. This is the usual protocol before anyone on this forum will want to give you any ideas of what to try or look for. We can all guess at this point, but most of us will agree to pull it out, try again and go from there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I usally run it without the tuner on at all. I put the tuner on to see if it would accentuate the problem. The stutter stayed the same.. But then smoke came out , when there was none before.

·
Registered
4,904 Posts
Is this just a one time thing? Does it clear up when warm? What temps? What oil? Was it plugged in? DENNY

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
You say you run it without it turned on at all, but it is still there. And by being "there" it still could be causing the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts