The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i replaced O rings on the turbo pedistool and the injectors it was burning a lot of oil and leaking past injector O rings and the turbo pedistool was leaking bad but now i see a leak that comes from around the HPOP/fuel bowl anyone have any suggestions on how to find where its coming from? also fyi i was burning like 2qts every 50 miles before i replaced my injector O rings lol it has 273k miles at the moment 4x4

·
Registered
783 Posts
So i replaced O rings on the turbo pedistool and the injectors it was burning a lot of oil and leaking past injector O rings and the turbo pedistool was leaking bad but now i see a leak that comes from around the HPOP/fuel bowl anyone have any suggestions on how to find where its coming from? also fyi i was burning like 2qts every 50 miles before i replaced my injector O rings lol it has 273k miles at the moment 4x4
It's hard to see what's going on in there. About all you can do is wash the area as best you can and use an inspection camera.

The HPOP and IPR together have 7 or 8 o-rings. They all need to be replaced, along with the gaskets. Your truck is 20 years old - it's time to do it.

While you have it torn down, replace the oil lines, fuel lines, fuel pump, and rebuild the fuel bowl - about $800 worth of parts (to get towed in will cost you a third of that). Do all that, do it once, and you should be problem-free for a long time.

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
but now i see a leak that comes from around the HPOP/fuel bowl anyone have any suggestions on how to find where its coming from?
Oil or fuel ?....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its oil and i also realized i can top my oil level off to the max it will burn some oil then stop burning it whats going on with this?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Its oil and i also realized i can top my oil level off to the max it will burn some oil then stop burning it whats going on with this?
Come-n-go oil consumption is puzzling, I've never heard of that. Makes me think that it's something rubber - injector o-ring, valve stem seal, etc.

You might check your fuel bowl to see if any oil is leaking into the fuel system.

A compression/leakdown test might also tell you something.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts