The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 7.3 will crank but will not start rarely and wait to start light comes on for half a second then check engine light turns on and will not allow me to start I have changed glow plugs, relay, glow plug solenoid, changed valve cover gasket wires and all connections and cps, and all other Sensors

·
Super Moderator
26,912 Posts
If the check engine light comes on after the initial bulb check, there will be codes stored that will point you at the problem. You should get it scanned with a Powerstroke capable scan tool (the parts store scan tools won't work).
You'll spend less money even paying for a scan that swapping out a bunch of parts that may or may not solve the problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the check engine light comes on after the initial bulb check, there will be codes stored that will point you at the problem. You should get it scanned with a Powerstroke capable scan tool (the parts store scan tools won't work).
You'll spend less money even paying for a scan that swapping out a bunch of parts that may or may not solve the problem.
wont
My 7.3 will crank but will not start rarely and wait to start light comes on for half a second then check engine light turns on and will not allow me to start I have changed glow plugs, relay, glow plug solenoid, changed valve cover gasket wires and all connections and cps, and all other Sensors
obd won’t communicate with any and my truck has 101 codes so idk what’s wrong what’s it stars it runs perfect and it starts most of the time

·
Super Moderator
26,912 Posts
Are you saying that a Powerstroke capable scan tool won't communicate? Does your cigarette lighter work? It shares a fuse with the OBD port power circuit, so a blown fuse could be the cause. 101 codes - Really?? Clear them if you can and re-scan and see what you come up with.

·
Super Moderator
26,912 Posts
I understand, about the no-start issue, but you said the check engine light came on. Which means there will be a code stored. What OBD scan tool are you using? The generic ones WILL NOT WORK on a Powerstroke.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I
I understand, about the no-start issue, but you said the check engine light came on. Which means there will be a code stored. What OBD scan tool are you using? The generic ones WILL NOT WORK on a Powerstroke.
got a innova 5160rs2

·
Super Moderator
26,912 Posts
The Exhaust Pressure Sensor circuit P0472 sometimes disables other sensors that share a common voltage supply circuit. Try unplugging the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. The P0236 code may be related to that as the MAP sensor is on that supply circuit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Exhaust Pressure Sensor circuit P0472 sometimes disables other sensors that share a common voltage supply circuit. Try unplugging the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. The P0236 code may be related to that as the MAP sensor is on that supply circuit.
I literally just found the problem the exhaust back pressure sensor was snapped and grounded out sometimes

·
Registered
338 Posts
No problem just leaving the broken sensor unplugged permanently. Both my trucks have been that way for years now. I have never experienced any issues with warm up.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What I was referring to was just unplug the broken sensor from the truck wiring harness to get rid of the ground you were having and just leave it unplugged.

·
Super Moderator
26,912 Posts
I literally just found the problem the exhaust back pressure sensor was snapped and grounded out sometimes
See, Codes are what you need to know where to check. ;)

Thanks for closing the loop on this. (y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts