The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1996 F350 7.3 DRW
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1996 7.3 F 350 , New low oil pump, Hpop, fuel bowl, Low fuel pump, ecm, icm, icp, ipr, cam sensor, injectors rebuilt, pedal assembly, the Truck runs at idle and sounds great but no throttle. oil pressure and fuel pressure are good. PLEASE help

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Is the CEL on? Make sure the Idle Validation Switch is working, otherwise it will only idle. Here are the Introductions and Pinpoint Tests for both the IVS and APP (also known as TPS). Hope this helps. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
New is not the same as good. What was wrong with the previous pedal? Did you test the new one before or after installation?

·
Registered
1996 F350 7.3 DRW
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the responses ! the truck was not running when i bought it, i have been replaceing parts as i can.
once i replaced the ecm, and icm it fired up

the cel is on and the overdrive light is flashing, i had read that the pedal switches were the next item so i replaced them

i ordered an OBDII reader so i can get codes, i didnt know the one i had didnt work on truck till i replaced ecm/icm
now i am stuck

·
Premium Member
10,008 Posts
What reader did you order? 99% of them out there can not read the codes from these trucks.

Quite a few of us are using FORScan Lite on a smart phone with a ELM 327 Bluetooth adapter

Other readers are AutoEnginuity with the Ford bundle and SnapOn

·
Premium Member
10,008 Posts
I'd give it a try since it is on the way.

You might want to download the FORScan Lite app from the Pay Store for a Android phone or where ever the down load is for the IPhone depending on what you have.

It's a free download

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Glad you got it fixed! Thanks for the follow-up too. Cheers!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Which wires? Where exactly did you find the problem? Did you take pics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts