The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hello everyone ,I have a question about my truck ,I have a leak between there oil reservoir and the front engine cover ,,,already changed gasket twice ,oil keeps leaking from oil pressure I believe , I change the high pressure oil pump thinking that was the problem and also replaced orings on hoses gasket, but same results ,can anyone help me with this situation? THANKS

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
Maybe if you posted some good pics from several angles...

·
Registered
10,796 Posts
Since you have a 96, I'm going to assume that it uses the one-piece molded gasket. Prior to engine serial number 187100, they used a molded gasket on one half and the Motorcraft TA-31 sealant on the other half (like my 94 did), so maybe verify the engine serial number. There is also a later gasket with an integrated screen for the SD's, but that one cannot be used, and if you tried to you would crack either the front cover or rervoir. If all else fails, I would probably try cleaning all surfaces of any oil, a new factory gasket, and and a very thin coating of the TA-31 on both outside edge surfaces and let it set overnight before filling/running it. You don't want a bunch of squeeze-out when the reservoir is secured, especially in the passages. Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe if you posted some good pics from several angles...
Since you have a 96, I'm going to assume that it uses the one-piece molded gasket. Prior to engine serial number 187100, they used a molded gasket on one half and the Motorcraft TA-31 sealant on the other half (like my 94 did), so maybe verify the engine serial number. There is also a later gasket with an integrated screen for the SD's, but that one cannot be used, and if you tried to you would crack either the front cover or rervoir. If all else fails, I would probably try cleaning all surfaces of any oil, a new factory gasket, and and a very thin coating of the TA-31 on both outside edge surfaces and let it set overnight before filling/running it. You don't want a bunch of squeeze-out when the reservoir is secured, especially in the passages. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
[QUOTE="Alex 7.3, post: 4691146, member: 4182ok thanks for the information I will look for that TA31 or order on line and start over , I really appreciate people answering so quick, great group... Happy New Year to All
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to have to change timing cover ,does anyone know where to get one , I have tried autozone, advance, orielys they don't carry it or they want almost $900 for it , had to return one I ordered at orielys for $360 because by it was the wrong one,,,any ideas ?

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'm going to have to change timing cover ,does anyone know where to get one , I have tried autozone, advance, orielys they don't carry it or they want almost $900 for it , had to return one I ordered at orielys for $360 because by it was the wrong one,,,any ideas ?
Amazon.com: Ford Cover - Timing: Automotive

New
$585.75

& FREE Shipping
Arrives: Jan 14 - 20
Add to Cart

Ships from
Gene Messer Ford of Amarillo
Sold by

Available through Amazon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I know it's the rite part number this is the number on the timing cover I took off...1824378c1....it looks rite ...

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
How do I know it's the rite part number this is the number on the timing cover I took off...1824378c1....it looks rite ...

If you click the link there that I posted, it will give you the phone number of Customer Service, Gene Messer Ford of Amarillo. I would call them and ask them if it is the right part.

Ships from
Sold by

Available through Amazon.

Have a question for Gene Messer Ford of Amarillo?
Ask a question

Customer Service Phone: 806-467-5530

Front cover ID guide

Code:
Gen International Ford Engine s/n Years
--- ------------- ------------ --------------- -----
1 1815915C1 F4TZ-6019-A 500 - 201680 94-95
2 1824378C1 F6TZ-6019-AA 201681 - 375548 96
F6TZ-6019-BA
3 1823536C1 F6TZ-6019-AA 375549 - 97
4 1831654C2 YC3Z-6019-BA 99-03

According to this thread, your Ford part number should be F6TZ-6019-AA or F6TZ-6019-BA. The part number from Gene Messer Ford of Amarillo is F6TZ-6019-CA, so I'm not sure whether or not it is the correct part number. Also, as of this morning, on Amazon, it says that the item is no longer available. I'll keep working on it to see what I can find out.

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
I did a search on the International part number 1824378c1 and came up with this:

Do you have a International truck dealership near you where you can check on it. Also have your engine serial number when talking to parts departments.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
Hopefully, you were able to order the part from Navistar as Bugman suggested. Let us know if you have any more questions.

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,279 Posts
Also if you go to a International dealer take the engine serial number along with that part number. If you tell them it is for a 7.3 they may look at you funny, to them it is a 466 ci engine.

·
Registered
2,196 Posts
I'd try Bugman's suggestions first. If that doesn't succeed, then the reason is because that part hasn't been manufactured in quite a few years; so it's tough to find any place that still has it on the shelf.

There are a couple of other options if you can't find the part.

1. Some people have repaired cracks in the part using JB Weld, and are running that way. This is not recommended, and is not the preferred option. Keep your fingers crossed at all times if you decide to go this route.

2. Some people have used the generation 4 timing cover, which is available from rockauto. This requires changing the oil pan and oil pickup tube at the same time. The engine must be pulled anyway to install the timing cover. Be sure to order the oil pan and oil pickup tube for 1999-2003 7.3L. The oil pan is also available from rockauto. I didn't find the oil pickup tube on rockauto. It should be available from various other sources.

Front cover ID guide

SPECTRA PREMIUM FP20B {#F7TZ6675BBB} Dipstick Holder not Included Info
OE number: f7tz6675bbb

<
Part image
>
$76.99

Add to Cart

DORMAN 635115 {#F81Z6019AA, YC3Z6019BA} Info

<
Part image
>
$289.79$0.00$289.79

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the help looks like the Amazon link is the rite one, it's already in transit so cross my fingers, I called international , and 3 ford dealers and they couldn't help and said part is discontinued or just out of stock and they didn't know when they would get it, and no other suppliers have it ,,,some said they have never seen this situation before, I will keep everyone posted ,,,,Thanks again everyone

1 - 18 of 18 Posts