The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need the part number for this fuel filter. Have watched several videos and spent a couple of hours online, but could not find this exact one.

I have posted six photographs with measurements of the fuel filter out of my truck. This filter has a grommet on the top and bottom. Two of the photographs look similar, but one is the top and one the bottom. (I can provide more photographs if requested, maybe bottom of cap and inside of fuel housing)

any detail explanation of filter variations woul also be appreciated .

Hand Camera lens Camera accessory Digital camera Wood
Automotive tire Camera lens Lens Window Cameras & optics
Wood Gas Publication Temperature Cylinder
Tire Hood Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting
Light Automotive tire Font Wood Measuring instrument
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Hood Steering part

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Does it fit into the stock filter housing in the valley or is it bolted on somewhere else?

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stock filter housing. The fourth and six photograph show measurements of the stock filter housing cap.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
For a stock filter I just use a Racor PFF4595, but I haven't seen a cap like the one in your pictures.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here is what the top of the cap looks like. From eBay, I did not want to go out to the warehouse and take a picture of mine)

Automotive tire Bumper Automotive lighting Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
That looks like a cap for a 99+ year of truck.

Do you have a electric fuel pump?

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Here is what a stock 97 filter cap looks like

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No, mechanical pump.

I replaced the pump and removed, cleaned and reinstalled the fuel housing at the same time, years back.

At that time I found a replacement filter cartridge that worked with the newer cap. I assume the old filter probably had a part number stamped on it.
There were some numbers stamped on the current filter cartridge, but no obvious part number.

IfI buy a fuel filter that includes the installed cap will that work?

for example, the one in the photograph below? Or, are there variations of this cartridge/cap combo, depending upon year of the 7.3?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
I have no idea on the filters that have a cap attached to them. All I have ever ran is the Racor filter.

I have heard of owners running the Baldwin filter with the cap

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
Here is the (Baldwin) PF7678 part number

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a pf7678 from evil bay.

I will try and remember to report to this thread if it worked.

very odd that the 1999 cap and that particular cartridge was used. The best I could tell, the grommets on each end of the cartridge were a tight seal.

·
Premium Member
9,706 Posts
You should be able to pick up a Baldwin filter at the parts store

·
Super Moderator
26,649 Posts
The stock filter for 94-97 7.3L's is the Motorcraft FD4595 (I just looked one up on Amazon and it says Country of Origin: China. :(. Dorman 904-208 is the stock style (separate) filter cap.

The filter for the 99-03 7.3L's is the Motorcraft FD4596. The difference is the 99+ filter has a skirt with an o-ring seal to the inside of the filter housing. Dorman 904-203 is the replacement cap for 99+

·
Registered
2,228 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
that looks like a wix, it comes with its own cap. I do not recommend them, especially from oreillys. get a filter that will work with the OEM cap. I used to own a NAPA store, NAPA filters are WIX and we sold motorcraft due to issues with these and the 6.0 filters

1 - 16 of 16 Posts