The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been furiously searching forum upon forum for answers and I have tried multiple fixes recommended . I have finally broken down and decided to add to the overwhelming threads of this sort.

While driving to work I crossed some railroad tracks and the truck shut down. It will crank all day long but will not start, It not even pushing any whit smoke. Before it shut down there were no signs of it bogging down, as a result of no fuel. It is like some one turned the key off on me.

What I have done:
-Replaced CPS with Motorcraft brand
-Disconnected ICP to see if would start, It still will not.
-I replaced the electronic component on the IPR with one from a known good HPOP.
-Checked the hpop oil via the allen screw, it is showing 2-3inches.
-I made sure I was getting fuel into my fuel bowl, it will keep filling up as long as i crank it.
-I checked my #22 fuse, mine was a 50amp it showed to be good.
-removed the fuel bowl heater plug ( two spade connector were in use but one wire got disconnected, while trying to pull the plug.
-Tried a another Injector Module out of a 95 powerstroke. Still no chug
- Checked the GPR for voltage, it showed good.
- charged batteries to make sure I had enough juice.
-looked over as much of the wiring harness as I could for bad wires. This thing did have critters in at one time.

What I haven't done
- Performed a scan with a code reader that will pull the info
- I have not checked the psi on my hpop( I did disconnect the oil pressure sensor to see what happened. The cluster gauge did not jump at all while cranking. When i plugged it back in it would read right in the middle)
-I have not done an air test for the HPOP because I have not found adequate info on how to do it

So hopefully you experienced Powerstroke owners can use the info I provided to help me narrow it down. So for a recap my oil gauge, tach, and battery gauge will show good in the cab. My WTS light will come on before cranking it. I don't want to replace my HPOP unless I can tell it is bad, I do have one ready to drop in if I can confirm.

Any feed back is much appreciated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My tester can not do a buzz test
I have not checked the pcm connection, just the injector module.
What are the UVCH connectors and where are they located?

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Under Valve Cover Harnesses. There are four connections, two on each cylinder head, found in the valley. They run the wires under the valve covers to the injectors and glow plugs. Check for electrical/burn damage. If any found, remove the valve covers and check for corresponding damage to the harnesses underneath.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I Looked the valve cover harness and did not see any signs of damage. I did not remove the valve cover to check for any internal burning however.

I was searching on some forums and it also seems to be a symptom of running out of fuel. I did run my secondary tank dry and didn't notice until the truck had died on me. i checked the fuel pressure at the Shrader Valve with a tire gauge and it showed 35psi while cranking. I am now going to try turning it over until the air bleeds out of the fuel system. If any of you have any recommendations it seems this isn't the first time one ran out of fuel and was tough to restart it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts