The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1995 F350 4x4, 1997 F250HD 4x4 Cali’, 1999 F250HD 4x4
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going through the injectors on my gf’s truck and I noticed that it has a single shot injector for cylinder 1. Is that how it’s supposed to be? Or should they all be split shot AB injectors like the other 7

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
They should all be a split shot or single shot. That injector is most likely what someone had on the bench when #1 went bad and they did not want to wait for the right injector. DENNY

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
The next question is what is the PCM/chip programed for splits or singles? DENNY

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
The next question is what is the PCM/chip programed for splits or singles? DENNY
It came with 120cc ab code split shots.
the Pcm tune will be for splits

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
I would just go back to split shots and a regulated fuel return system.
DENNY

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That’s
I would just go back to split shots and a regulated fuel return system.
DENNY
That’s what I was thinking to do as well. So what do you mean by a regulated fuel return system?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It came with 120cc ab code split shots.
the Pcm tune will be for splits
Same as the early 99’ super duty’s correct? Having one single shot and several splits don’t make much sense

·
Registered
287 Posts
I thought the supers were all AC injectors which have a bit more output. The AB's are pretty good with a chip as I can regularly see 25 lbs boost on low burn setting. Hard to find burns for AB injectors though...

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
99.5 and later trucks came with AD injectors. Those could be installed in place of AB's without any tunes. It would give the truck a bit more oomph, as they had a slightly higher fuel capacity. AD's might be a little easier to come by.

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
In the pre 99 trucks the unused fuel would return from the heads. 99 and up (I believe also the 97 Calif split shots) fuel does not return for the heads it is a dead end system. This was considered to be the cause of Cackle in the 99 and up trucks. Systems that returned the fuel from the heads commonly called regulated return systems. Do a search lots of info.
DENNY

·
Registered
4,941 Posts
Opps, disregard my advice. DENNY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts