1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1997 F-350 7.3 4x2 dually
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Automotive side marker light

Hey y’all I was looking under my truck the other day and noticed gear oil running down the inside of my rear tire. I was looking for a hub rebuild kit but don’t know which one I should be buying.
any information would help me a lot! It’s a 1997 f350 7.3L dully

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, mine is a super duty, but I expect that yours would be a Dana 80, no I’m really not knowledgeable on these things in general. There should be an axle code on the drivers door jam ID, then you can find some axle code identifiers on here or general google search, and figure out exactly what you have. Looks like an f350 2wd .

The most knowledgeable guys on here often will not respond to a new poster who has not yet filled out his vehicle details. Some of these guys help multiple members daily, and it’s just a waste of time for them to respond to you if they must ask pertinent questions necessary to provide a response, that you haven’t taken the time to fill out.
Thank you. I didn’t know their was a spot to fill out for ur vehicle. I appreciate the help! This is my first obs powerstroke and I’m learning as I go. I’ll look at the door jam and see what axle! Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's going to be a Sterling 10.25 rear end on a 97 F350. This is what I have in my old parts list:

Rear Axle Seal (Sterling 10.25) (also need Lisle 28000socket)
(SKF) 34384, aka Scotseal XL

Cheers!
Thank you! But I read the DRW is a Dana 80 I’m about to go check the truck out now

1 - 6 of 6 Posts