The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've got a 1997 F-350 and my turn signals stopped working. I replaced the multi-function switch and my hazards still come on so it is not the bulbs. I went out and bought a replacement relay (the one with 5 prongs) but I can't find where it goes. Could someone let me know how to access this relay? Pictures would be much appreciated. Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
The flasher and hazard relays are in the underdash fuse panel. One of them is on the front side and the other is on the back side. IIRC, mine were cylindrical in shape. Cheers!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I donno 'bout a relay in the mix, but the flasher units are, as noted, in the under-dash fuse panel,.....

When ya pull the cover, you'll see the signal light flasher, lower right corner,......
If you look up-under at the backside of the fuse panel, you'll see the hazard flashers flasher,....
The hazard flasher is a 2 blade flasher,.....
The signal flasher, I donno whether it's a 2 blade, or 3 blade unit,....

I just put a new heavy duty mechanical hazard flasher in mine,....

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
I'm fairly certain that the turn signal and hazard flasher are the same type. There is no relay in the system. I've attached the 1997 wiring diagrams for the Turn/Stop/Hazards. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
There is no relay - that standard 5-blade Bosch/ISO/Tyco relay is used on the truck in several places, but there are no relays in the truck's lighting circuits (only in the trailer circuits).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts