The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a 1997 Ford F 350 Centurion, 7.3 Turbo Diesel 6 Door Truck that I'm interested in buying Does anyone know what it may be worth. It's listed for $16,000 OBO which seems like a lot for a truck that old.

The listing says: Automatic transmission, power everything, CD player, 4 captains chairs and the rear has a bench, comes with Power Edge programmer, brake control, 5th wheel / goose neck hitch rail set up, pulls a camper and 7 people no problem. has 157,000 miles on it, no rust, clean title. It was serviced 4,000 miles ago. new brakes, master cylinder, All gaskets replaced and had the engine checked. I made sure it stays in tip top running condition. Miles will go up since we still use it. It is in good condition for its age.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
From what I've seen on custom rigs like that (and Centurion being a top customizer) he will most likely get what he's asking. I would love to have the excursion style centurion but the prices they get are out of my range! Wouldn't mind having a 6 door like that one either, but again, out of my range...

·
Registered
204 Posts
New body styles with 6 doors and salvage titles are going for $50-$70K!

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
The OBS trucks are holding their value rather well. And if it's got six doors it's even more valuable. Three of the OBS trucks on Craigslist in my area today, priced $8250.00, $16,000.00, and $21,999.00. I have been offered $10,000.00 and $12,000.00 for mine. And I still have it.

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Smells like a scam. I've seen that same pic of that truck on forums for years. I would ask for a dated photo of some other detail of the truck. Or another photo from some other angle. Don't be surprised if you never hear from the "seller" again after such a request.

This is why anyone posting any pic of their truck, esp. if it's a pretty nice truck, anywhere on the Internet, should put a "Not For Sale" watermark on the pic.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
[/topic]
That wouldn't work well for me. I've posted several thousands of pics of dozens of vehicles, and occasionally, I sell one. Even those I specifically intended to NEVER sell.

[topic]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the info. At this point I think I'm going to look for something more practical.

·
Registered
204 Posts
:stickpoke:How is that not practical? I mean, the kids won't fight over windows... it's a win win.:cool:

Reactions: badbart
1 - 10 of 10 Posts