The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I currently have a 1997 F-350 Powerstroke I bought last October. Since I have owned it, I have put in a new

rear end, new transfer case and now it needs a new transmission, but ether way, I'm looking for some input. I'm going to be ordering a utility

body for the truck this fall and want some bigger tires and rims to go along with the new look. I'm also going to be painting the truck that

dark grey color ford has. But I'm wondering if anyone has put 19.5" American force rims on their truck? I'm looking to see how they have

held up and how they look on the truck before I drop $4k on new rims and tires. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
406 Posts
What are you going to be using it for? I'm guessing a work rig if adding a utility box. As far as the 19.5" rims, the commercial class tires that fit those rims will wear like iron, and give poor traction. There may be fitment issues (remember, the 16" rims change from the OBS to the Super Duty in the bolt pattern) and you may run into interference in the front when turning. A 265/75R16 fits well on stock size rims, look good IMO, and have a pretty good load rating in a 10 ply. I run the factory pizza cutters and am ALWAYS overloaded and have no tire issues running the 235/85R16 rubber.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts