The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck is missing the high side cap and it’s unlike any of my other vehicles including a 99 E150. I believe the e150 and all my other vehicles have same to include gm and vw products. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Seems it would or should be universal. The missing cap seems to have lower sunken threads down the tube requiring more protrusion for the threaded center portion of the cap.

·
Premium Member
206 Posts
There are several different styles of cap. They sell kits that have an assortment, but I don't think it would be worth it for just one cap. If you know any mechanics, or are friendly with a shop locally, they might be able to find one to fit from their kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, one would think this could be one universal area for less headaches. I’ve seen evidence the high and hot side wears out caps after a while. All my low side caps are fine. High Hot side one is missing and one is damaged, needs the broken off threaded center to be extracted and a new one put on.

also have different size cores low and high side on some, one that’s leaking when I pull the hot side cap of course will not fit the core and cap kit I bought. Need to try and cinch that down and hope it doesn’t worsen credit the need to evac the system and replace the core.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
My truck is missing the high side cap and it’s unlike any of my other vehicles including a 99 E150. I believe the e150 and all my other vehicles have same to include gm and vw products. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Seems it would or should be universal. The missing cap seems to have lower sunken threads down the tube requiring more protrusion for the threaded center portion of the cap.
The high and low side service ports are different sizes therefore, different sized caps. As far as I know Ford has done this for at least as long as I have been in the business.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hear you. The hot side port and therefore cap is bigger. What I’m saying is my other vehicles of various makes have the same high side cap even the 99 e150. The 99 f250 7.3 has a bigger/different cap than the others. No big deal it’s just that it’s not universal so harder to find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts