The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 no start. As I was looking through the wiring I noticed a plug that was not connected and the the other end of where it should be connected was melted. I was wondering if this part should be replaced? Could it be contributing to my no start issues? Picture attached. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
That is the solenoid that opens and closes the oil flow into the exhaust back pressure actuator cylinder.
If you want you can buy a pedastal that has all that eliminated for about $200. I don't know about availability or price on those solenoid a but believe us an issue.
The wire connector that goes into it if damaged is the same as an ipr pigtail.

As far as no start, the melt down deal may have blown fuses, diodes or fusible links. Don't have schematic at hand.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am doing an update on the other thread but when I noticed that melted part it made me wounder. I did check my fuses and also replaced my pcm diode but no start continues. I now think i might have just tested my diode wrong. Do you believe I have to have that EDP sensor plugged in to pedestal stand to have the truck run. If you have time check out the other 1999 f350 no start thread and i will post videos of what the truck sounds like now after more parts replaced. let me know what you think.

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
When in working order, being a sound circuit, no it's unrelated unless that circuit damage did other damage.
To test a diode just do continuity but will only have continuity one way.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I thought i did test the right way but after doing more testing it showed the same result as new one. The indent on the fuse were on the two new ones also that through me off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts