The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been over a month now & must report how much happier :grin2: I am with using the Hawk pads that were recommended by FMTRVT . I notice I must reduce my foot pressure when stopping after initial grab. Before with the OE replacements, I had to increase my foot pressure, almost felt like the pads were wet from going thru a real deep puddle. It will be interesting to see how many miles I get from them, but what ever it is, it is fully worth it, and would do the same again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I agree with your assessment of quality pads, when I used to do HPDEs it was amazing what aftermarket quality pads can do for pedal modulation and stopping distance.

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
My 02 had a good case of shakey brakey when I purchased it used. The PO had it servicedd at Ford and had the rotors turned and it still had the pulsating pedal.

I replaced the rotors and have gone with the low end Carquest pads and do not have any pulsating issues. Research of this issue here and elsewhere suggests not using the OEM pads and even using the low end pads.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts