The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired a 1999 motor home with a 60 series. It has 100,000 miles. Hasnt been run in 2 years. Stored in a clean insulated building in South Texas, but not climate controlled. I would like to pre-lube it prior to attempting to start, but perhaps that is overkill. I cant find any info regarding pre-lubing this engine on the net. Shall I forget that notion and just turn the key?? Suggestions appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
prelube

OK, you can use the oil in the engine or replace it with fresh. If it were mine I would drive it to nearest service center and replace the oil and filters. Also the fuel filters. I would also install some 'anti-bacterial' additive in the fuel tank. [like 'bio-bore'].
As for your question this operation is a snap. Remember it takes 2 sensors for the series to start. 1 behind the ai rcompressor, and the other 1 below the air compressor located on the rear of the front gear case. [ in other words on the lower front gear case]. You will have to crawl under a bit but just unclip the sensor. Just the 1 sensor. When cranking you will get a cel light on the dash but ignore that. The engine will turn over and NOT start. Remwmber I said it takes 2 sensors to start. When you have oil pressure noted on the pressure guage you can reclip the sensor back in place and start the engine. Let it idle for a few then put the coach in fast idle to warm up the engine a bit.
Check to be sure that the transmission has fluid. You will not be able to checkfor proper level but to be sure that there is oil on the dipstick. Now for the fun part, when the engine has warmed up I want you to be sure the air is up to proper pressure, then idle engine and place the transmission in 'D'. DO not drive yet. After 1 minute or so return the gear to N, then place coach in R and let it sit there in gear. YOU MUST be in the driver seat at all times coach is in gear.
This is to get the fluids to all points of the main propulsion of the coach. Warm this baby up slowly, drive it around the block to get the air bags operating also and check the brakes while you are at it. Slowly and gently.
Then smash the throttle and drive it and enjoy the new toy.
I still have a 'Pro-Link' for sale, it reads DDEC 2,3,4 and DDEC 5. I might be driving thru upper Texas in the next few month's if interested otherwise just enjoy the new toy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts