The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 ford excursion 7.3L diesel 220,000 miles, I drove it fine all day parked it for few hours went to start it completely dead, got it jumped started right up on way home battery light came on lost all dash lights and headlights wipers barley worked no power windows would work, pulled in driveway truck shut off on its own. I have REPLACED ALL NEW … motor craft batteries, starter , alternator, icp sensor , crankshaft position sensor, new pulleys, new belt, new glow plug relay, new glow plug control module. Any ideas? I’m slowing giving up lol

· Premium Member
2,179 Posts
TWood0299, you were not specific if it will start now, after the new parts avalanche. Will it power up? Will the starter turn it over? Is it charging? I seriously doubt all those individual systems went bad suddenly. STOP throwing parts at it. Go back to square #1 I basics, get your CEL codes, if any, check all fuses, relays and fusible links, go over your battery cables from end to end if the connections are not clean and tight make them that way. Check your battery voltage, check your charging voltage if it runs.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TWood0299, you were not specific if it will start now, after the new parts avalanche. Will it power up? Will the starter turn it over? Is it charging? I seriously doubt all those individual systems went bad suddenly. STOP throwing parts at it. Go back to square #1 I basics, get your CEL codes, if any, check all fuses, relays and fusible links, go over your battery cables from end to end if the connections are not clean and tight make them that way. Check your battery voltage, check your charging voltage if it runs.
after all new parts it started up then lost all lights again then truck just shut off it will start back up if I jump it but just repeats all over again

· Premium Member
2,179 Posts
OK, jump it off and get it started. Take the jumper wires off, leave it running lights and other load off. After at least 2 minutes running, with a multi-meter set to DC Volts. check voltage at the battery. If it's charging while running one should read 13.5 to 14 volts at the battery posts.
Less than that, the alternator is not charging correctly, a fuse wire is blown, you have a cable discontinuity, or a combination.

· Registered
183 Posts
Hey twood, did you figure this out. Sorta curious what the issue was.

· Registered
183 Posts
I had that kinda thing happen to me. Ended up being the alternator. And just because you buy a new one, doesn’t mean it’s any good these days. 😝

1 - 6 of 6 Posts