The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced all ball joints, hubs, tie rod, drag link, and shocks a few months back. Truck was driving like brand new again. I took it to les Schwab for an alignment after all work was done.

Just had new tires put on. When going down the road my truck is pulling to the right. When pulling to the right my steering wheel also rotates to the right. If I hold the steering wheel perfectly centered the truck goes pretty much right down the road except a slight pull to the right but I believe this is from the crown in the road. If I drive in the opposite lane and hold the wheel centered it will drop to the left.

I don't think my calipers are sticking because I pulled all the pins to clean and lube during all the work I did above.

This pulling is driving me nuts as I can't drive without my hand on the wheel and applying pressure.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
After all the work and parts you've done it should be steering like a new pin, have you checked the air pressure in the tires.
Jack the front up with the park brake applied and rotate both wheels and check for your brakes grabbing a little.
I would take it back to the Alignment shop and talk to the owner.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes air pressure has been checked a few times. After it was aligned the service tech told me that my truck may fade a little to the right because of the crown in the road. He also said I can put a different bushing in to compensate for the crown in the road but I'm not sure what bushing he is talking about?

But it's never pulled this hard. I even rotated the tires to make sure I didn't get a bad tire.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is the bushing he was telling me about. But I honestly don't think this is my problem as he said and I have the spec sheet that shows my truck is right on with the stock ford specs.

Truck has never had a lift kit and is just over 204,000.

I'll pull the wheels again and see if I have a caliper sticking. The caliper design on these trucks are horrible. Wish they had better recoil springs to open them back up.

·
Premium Member
3,754 Posts
Have you checked the track bar bushings ?
Have you tried rotating tires back to front & right to left.?
If all checks out I'd be looking for another alignment shop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just want to be subscribed as I have similar issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts