The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help or suggestions if possible. The FICM in my truck took a dump and I had it rebuilt by FICMrepair.com and had them install the Atlas 40 program. After getting it back and installing it I have been having issues with the transmission. It started with what appeared to be sticking between shifts mostly on a deceleration but every once in a while I would get a hard slam into gear. I then replaced all 7 of the transmission solenoid valves and continue to have the same problem but in addition I am getting a flare between 3rd-5th gear. Is this something I need to do the relearn on or is it something more major? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TJ from Las Vegas

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
didn't know they make 6.0 in year 200 :grin2:

Not a 6.0 guy but if it happen right after the FICM repair, did you call the repair shop to ask?

Did you scan for code?

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
Yan is correct!! There were NO 6.0s in 200. It was strictly horsepower. Commoners usually had one horsepower but the aristocrats rode on wooden wheels and could upgrade their horsepower from one to a big team of horses.
Ahh the good old days. They are good because they are gone.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Mark is the site's resident transmission expert. He helped design them. You might look him up by searching some other transmission posts on this forum and send him a PM. I don't know if he pays much attention to posts that don't include "transmission" in the title.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry my computer was screwing up yesterday. It's a 2006. Did the relearn today and it seems to be a bit better but no where close to where I think it should be

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did scan for codes but had none. I'm looking to get ahold of a stock FICM and see if that solves the issue

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
The FICM has nothing to do with the transmission. It controls the fuel injection.

·
Registered
81 Posts
And if you think the ficm is the problem why not call Ed and ask him since it's his product you think is the problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts