The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to do a conversion, I am looking for a parts 4X4 truck what years range that would make this possible

·
Super Moderator
26,322 Posts
I think you could use anything from '99 thru '11, with the 05 and later having coil spring front suspension. Also '02 and later front axles will be a Dana 60 rather than D50.
Trading in your truck would be less work, and possibly the same price, although you could use the driveline components from a gas truck (but not the auto tranny), which would be cheaper to buy as a parts truck than a diesel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you could use anything from '99 thru '11, with the 05 and later having coil spring front suspension. Also '02 and later front axles will be a Dana 60 rather than D50.
Trading in your truck would be less work, and possibly the same price, although you could use the driveline components from a gas truck (but not the auto tranny), which would be cheaper to buy as a parts truck than a diesel.
Awesome and will I need a new rear driveshaft considering the tcase will make it stick out more?

·
Super Moderator
26,322 Posts
Awesome and will I need a new rear driveshaft considering the tcase will make it stick out more?
Yes, or you can have a driveline shop shorten yours for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts