The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 F350 dually, 2wd. Stock performance wise, except 5" mbrp from turbo back with muffler & 6637 filter. I decided to try a cheap tuner Diablo Predator just for a little extra for towing.
Well it won't load any program because it won't save my stock tune, says possibly because it's not a stock tune? I get error code when I scan: p0603, which from what I researched would confirm I do not have stock tune. ( I believe)

What can I do to figure out what type of tune is in the PCM?

Thanks for the Help!!!

·
Super Moderator
25,356 Posts
P0603 means that either the power has been disconnected from the PCM or you've used a programmer, which you tried to do.
It could be that the fuse for the Keep Alive Memory circuit is blown and the programmer needs that circuit powered up to be able to load a program.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Let's assume the previous owner loaded some sort of tune. What are my options to figure out what it is, or how do I get back to stock to start from scratch?

·
Premium Member
14,609 Posts
The dealer could reprogram it, but if it was me, I'd pull the PCM and send it to DP-Tuner and have them burn the 80 HP econo tune on it. Then sell that Diablo on fleabay to another sucker.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
25,356 Posts
The dealer could reprogram it, but if it was me, I'd pull the PCM and send it to DP-Tuner and have them burn the 80 HP econo tune on it. Then sell that Diablo on fleabay to another sucker.
Not a bad idea. :lol:
DP-Tuner's 80E tune rocks. :burnout:

The fuse you need to check should be #15, 5A under the dash.

·
Premium Member
8,763 Posts
A problem that I am seeing with programmers is that if you decide to go back to the stock tune that they won't do it or if they do the stock program is corrupt where you need to get the PCM flashed to get it to even work.

I'd also just send my PCM to DP-Tuner and have them take care of it.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I suspect someone else's stock tune is already saved in the tuner...

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
80e... nothing like a lot of timing and high Icp lol

Does the programmer say vin locked at all?

The Diablo tunes are ok, pretty rough on auto trans.

·
Registered
561 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts