The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ford f 350 with the zf6 transmission. I've looked over a few threads and tried the fixes suggested. Engine starts fine but then starts to stall/stalls and the warning lights come on. I can drive it for a little ways and then it'll lose throttle and come back and I can keep driving. I recently did my glow plugs so I replaced the oem valve cover gaskets. I had over 100 miles on them before this started happening. I cleared my fuel bowl, checked the engine harness over the drive side valve cover, no damage that would be causing the pcm to fault at least from what I can tell. Good on oil and trans fluid. Replaced the cps. Scanned it with my cheapy scanner and no codes show up. I swapped the relays around in the engine bay fuse box thinking it might be a bad relay, but no change. Any ideas on what else it might be? Bad fuel pump? HPOP going out? Possibly a lose injector connection from replacing the valve cover gaskets? Please help.

·
Premium Member
14,809 Posts
Something is causing the computer to reset. I think it's going to be a wiring issue. Maybe a random short. Try unplugging the fuel heater first - it can cause this. After that, you're just going to have to go hunting. A loose connector on the injector won't do it. It has to be on the power side of the PCM.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gotta love electrical problems. Thanks for the advice. I'll look into the fuel heater before borrowing an actual scanner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts