The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Ford F-350 7.3 with 250k miles on it. Truck has always ran very well and I have never had any problems with it. Recently it has been blowing a white/blue color smoke at idle. After it warmed up the smoke would stop. About a week ago it got really bad and sounded like their was a dead cylinder. I pulled the valve covers off and tested my injectors because this was what first came to mind. After unplugging each one while idling I found that #7 seemed to be bad. I pulled it thinking so. I went and bought a new one from Ford and installed it. I made sure to pull my glow plug and flush the oil out of the cylinder. Truck seemed to be running fine besides a little blue smoke from oil residue in the cylinder. After 2 days of driving it the truck went back to not running great. Has a slight lope to it at idle and constantly blows white/blue smoke no matter how long I drive. The truck also has blow by now and it never has before. Possibly didn’t get the new injector seated all the way but at this point I am kinda lost. If anyone knows what could be going on I would appreciate any advice. This truck is my daily and it has been very difficult not having it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
26,385 Posts
If you suspect the injector you replaced isn't fully seated, you should go back and check. Lay a straightedge across the 4 injectors and that will show you a high one. You should also recheck the torque on the hold-down bolt.

You also could have gotten a bum injector. The ones from Ford are all remans.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Awesome yea I’ll check. Actually currently working on the truck and for some reason I don’t have oil coming out of the injector. And yes the reman injectors arnt always perfect from Ford. This just has to get me buy for a month or so before the truck gets all new stage 2 injectors and new wiring harnesses. Thank you for the help. Very appreciated

1 - 3 of 3 Posts