The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I ordered my 2001 F350 with the Automatic Transmission. I called my salesman today and asked him if it had the 250 HP engine in it. He looked it up and called me back. It will come with the 7.3L PSD with 250HP. I was very relieved.

I swore I could tell the difference between the 2000 and the 2001 PSD's that I test drove. I have a 97 2500 with a 454, Jet Power Chip, Cat back exhaust, and a K&N. I have a straight stretch by my house that is almost 1/4 mile. The 454 Chevy will make it doing 75 MPH. The 2001 F-350 I test drove made it at 80 MPH. Both from a dead stop and placed in "D", and romped to the floor. It was hard for me to believe, That 2001 PSD is awesome as is and stock !!! Man, I can't wait till mine gets here!

·
Registered
4,285 Posts
Headhunter:

First,WELCOME to the site! You will find the answer to almost any question you might have about your truck here.

This site has several different forums that are topic specific. Explore the site and you'll see what I mean. This forum is dedicated to discussions of the site itself. Your post would be best addressed in the 1999-Up SuperDuties, Engine and Drivetrain forum. Sometime soon, one of our friendly moderators will come along and move this post to that or another forum where you will get the best response to your post.

Mike

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Close call....

This thread would be applicable in the 99 and up Drivetrain Forum, or more likely in the Ordering Information Forum.

Hmmm...

Since we've had similar discussions in the Ordering Information Forum, I'll bump it there. That's where we discuss issues about trucks that haven't met their owner yet. Seems like it fits.

Feel free to follow up in that Forum.

Best Regards,
Jay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts