The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I am new to this forum page to I'm not quite sure how to go about asking questions but, I had just recently bought a 2002 7.3 turbo diesel van for really cheap that is in good condition that I am going to turn into a moto van for my dirt bikes that I can sleep in if I need to. I was just curious if there is a way (if possible) to swap the newer interior (dash, cluster, etc.) into the van because I hate how bland and old it looks.

thanks in advance :)

·
Super Moderator
26,901 Posts
How new? Going to (I think '05) would likely be a direct swap, but later would probably involve a bunch or electrical wiring changes. Not worth the hassle IMO. Might be easier to paint the dash to your liking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking around 2014 ish because I'm pretty sure they stayed the same from 1999-2008 not entirely sure, but the shape is what I'm trying to get rid of. (the pic is 2014 I believe)

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
I would think that you would have to be a pretty high level electrician to even start thinking about making that kind of swap. I'm guessing that would not be easy at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would think that you would have to be a pretty high level electrician to even start thinking about making that kind of swap. I'm guessing that would not be easy at all.
I know it’s possible in some vehicles. My dad has a 2002 7.3 truck that he has swapped the interior/exterior to the 2014 6.4/6.7 stuff. I’m not too worried about the electrical part of the swap I’m just curious if it will all fit with minor to no trimming

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
If your Dad has already done it and it worked for him, then I would talk with him to see how he did it. I suspect that not many people have tried it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts