The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to adapt 03 7.3l engine harness to 02 ? 02 has glow plug control module, 03 has glow plug relay.

·
Super Moderator
25,753 Posts
If you have wiring diagrams for both, then yes, it's possible. You'd have to add the circuits and connectors for the GPCM to the 03 harness. But it will be a lot of trouble and the potential for screwing it up is pretty high.

·
Premium Member
4,058 Posts
Could you swap the GPR from the ‘03 into the ‘02 along with the harness or is the ECU programmed specifically for the GPCM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. I’ll look into it. If it looks like a lot of risk and trouble? I’ll have to breakdown and buy a new harness? I’d appreciate any other info from out there. Thanks again!

·
Super Moderator
25,753 Posts
Good luck finding a new harness for a 7.3L. They're not produced anymore by Ford (or probably anyone else for that matter).
What's your specific issue? If you haven't had an engine fire that destroyed the whole harness, you should be able to fix the issues with new wires and splices on the affected circuits. If it's connectors, lots of those are available as new pigtails from Ford (Link), or there's the wrecking yard approach.
I wouldn't shy away from adapting the '03 harness, but I've done quite a few things like that, and do have the resources and time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts