The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. So i have the option to buy a decommissioned EMS ambulance, it is a 2002 E350 van with a 7.3L 445CI V8 Turbo Diesel but it has 359,000.00 miles on the motor. The owner says "it has had regular routine service and maintenance every 5k miles" . I asked for maintenance paperwork on the fluid changes and anything else that was done to it, he said he will get them from the mechanic and provide them to me tomorrow. I believe the county is the original owner but i have not yet asked because it is late and i am waiting for him to get back to me with the service paperwork and don't want to bombard him with questions this late. This thing is in perfect shape cosmetically on the inside and out and comes with all the shelving and lights in it so i would have to do a minimal amount of work to convert it into a camper. He is selling it for 2K dollars. I am not at all familiar with diesel motors and was wondering what you guys/girls think about the vehicle. Would you buy it? How long could i expect this thing to run for without having to do any major mechanical maintenance to it and what would need replacing at 350K miles if it hasn't already been replaced? What would you look at when you were buying it? and what questions would you ask the seller before and during looking at it? If there is any other information you would like to add all is welcome, i will update the post tomorrow with the service work that has been done to it from the paperwork. Thank you very much for taking a look at my post and i apologize for the sloppiness, this is my first time ever using a forum. Have a wonderful day!

·
Super Moderator
25,729 Posts
Welcome to TheDieselStop

Should be a good vehicle. At that mileage, it may need the injectors replaced, although they may last quite a bit longer.

BTW, I removed your other post, as posting the same thing in two different forums is not allowed by the sit rules.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts