The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am interested in a 2002 Excursion for my wife with the 7.3 PS in a 2wd config. Naturally I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

1. What is the average real world mpg #'s?

2. What has been the relibility of both the PS and the tranny. (what miles did the tranny need a rebuild etc . . .)

3. What has been the overall satisfaction of the vehcile. (lot of litle annoying stuff breaking type of thing)

4. What is the standard rear end on these trucks? (3.73 4.10)

5. What has been the fluid change interval for these?

6. Finally, what do you think I should pay for the above mentioned vehicle with less that 50K on it.

Thanks for all your help folk's!

William Douglas

· Registered
94 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

I am interested in a 2002 Excursion for my wife with the 7.3 PS in a 2wd config. Naturally I have a few questions that I would like to ask.

I have a 2001 (bought it new) and have 136,000 miles on it. My major mods include a Superchips Tuner and Helwig anti-sway bar. I hope my experience helps you decide.

about 18. When pulling a small trailer it will drop to about 15

2. What has been the relibility of both the PS and the tranny. (what miles did the tranny need a rebuild etc . . .)

Never had a problem with PS or Tranny. I did a tranny fluid change at 120,000 'cause I thought it was about time.

3. What has been the overall satisfaction of the vehcile. (lot of litle annoying stuff breaking type of thing)

Extremely satisfied. Never had a better vehicle. Only replaces front brakes at 130,000 - rear still good. Replaced a CPS once. Only took 5 minutes in the driveway.

Bought a set of batteries about 100,000

Set of Michelins 285's lasted over 100,000

Factory recommended. Oil change every 5K.

6. Finally, what do you think I should pay for the above mentioned vehicle with less that 50K on it.

Check the prices on Ebay. You should find plenty.

William Douglas

[/ QUOTE ]

· Registered
8 Posts
I bought a 2002 Excursion PSD 2WD just about 1 month ago with 68k miles. It didn't have the limited package on it though.

It's actually my wife's vehicle now, and I only get to drive it when we're going somewhere togather... Kinda sucks. The good thing is that she really likes it.

I'm really happy with it so far. So far I've seen up to 19.5 MPG on the overhead computer, but I don't know if that is accurate. I haven't started computing my mileage by hand yet though.

I was looking on Ebay for an Excursion for a little while, but I found that most of the trucks on there didn't sell because the reserve was set too high.

I paid 22.3k for my Ex and I thought it was a good deal. The bank valued it at 22.8k.

Jeff

· Registered
2,218 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,

William Douglas

[/ QUOTE ]

My milage is:
towing-11 to 14 (8.5k TT)
solo highway-18 to 24
intown-14 to 16
All hand calculated. Bought at 29k and have 87k on it now, one alternator, one water pump, and no nick picky stuff. Love the X and is a pleasure it drive especially on trips, towing or not. On the same brakes and second set of tires. Firestone changed at 55 with about 10k left, got Michilin M/S, with the aprox. 30k still look new. Change oil at 5k, fuel filter at 15k, tranny every 30k, cooling every two years, brake and power steering fluid every 2 years. Wax a couple of times a year(uggggggg).

JMHO..................

Paul B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.