The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck has been burning 2 gallons of oil in a few 100 miles. First I thought turbo seal which is an easy fix. So I rebuilt turbo and that did not fix the issue. The truck is not running rough at all so I don’t think it would be rings. Tue I will replace injector o-rings and do a leak down test if I have time. Am I missing any were else the oil could be going?

·
Premium Member
15,278 Posts
The only other possibility I know of is an internal injector issue allowing oil to get into the fuel side of the injector. Very rare, but there was one guy on here who ended up having that issue.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I will pull injector tue and check them out. At least they are under warranty. To bad I am the one doing the warrantee work.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
My truck was going through about the same amount of oil. Mine turned out to be a worn out o-ring at the spot where the high pressure oil line from the HPOP attached to the oil rail. The oil was dripping down into the valley and then down the back of the engine. It was pretty easy to change that o-ring once I figured out where it was leaking. I would look in the valley to see if there is oil there and clean up that area and look to see if you can see the oil coming out somewhere around that area.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
What’s blowby look like? I burn/leak 1 gallon every 2000-2500 miles. My leak is the HPOP back oring and what I burn is from all the cracked rings (my blowby will blow the cap off the filler tube.) I’ve been like this for 80k miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts